Monday, May 24, 2010

Loving the Internet...Let me count the ways...

No, I'm not actually going to count. But lately I keep noticing how internet makes my life happier.

Example: I've spent the past two weeks trudging through the print book of the Commission on Appraisal's Engaging Our Theological Diversity.

The commission did a lot of work. Surveys and talking sessions and lots of really good thought... and the book put me to sleep repeatedly. The content was excellent but...boggy. It could have been organized zap bing cool into a dynamic website - probably with ongoing opportunities for discussion?! Wild!!

(As far as I can tell, I'm the first person to read this book, a letter to the congregation still tucked inside the front cover...)

I'm still digesting any of a number of things I read, but the one that's stuck in my head right now is the idea of instrumental and terminal values - specifically in regards to community. Lots to think about there.

(I am doing a bunch of reading towards the credentialing process for Unitarian Universalist religious educators - if you'd like to know what that list looks like, check out

No comments:

Post a Comment